We are super excited to be partnering up with LiveMom.com as part of the Austin Summer Fun Checklist. Here’s how to have fun this summer — most importantly, come dance with Koo Koo Kanga Roo this saturday!
1. Print the 2016 Austin Summer Fun Checklist for Kids or pick up a copy of Austin Family Magazine and tear out the Checklist.
Come to the Summer Fun Launch Party on June 4th, from 9 am to noon, at Whole Foods Market Lamar to pick up a copy of the checklist. Koo Koo Kanga Roo will perform at 10am and there will be free breakfast tacos from Hat Creek Burger Co., free KIND Bars and Chameleon Cold Brew Coffee, activities and prizes! Tickets are just $5 for adults, free for kids with all proceeds benefiting Whole Kids Foundation.
2. Pick an activity or two or three to do.
3. Do activity.
4. Check it off the list.
5. Once you’ve done at least three activities on the checklist, you can earn prizes for even more Summer Fun!
6. Upload photos of you and your kids doing activities on the Summer Fun Checklist for a chance to win prizes including a two-night stay at Omni Barton Creek, Chaparral Ice Skating Passes, free museum admission to the Bullock Museum, season passes to Hawaiian Falls, Terra Toys gift certificates, and free admission to the Hill Country Science Mill. Use #AustinSummerFun as the hashtag. Read more details about the weekly prize giveaways here.
We’ve mapped out all of the details for the activities on the 2016 Summer Fun Checklist for Kids in the 2016 Summer Fun Guide. Read about the different activities and events, including details on places to visit on your day trips, event dates to save on your calendar.
Check back here all summer long for more in-depth articles about our 2016 sponsors and activities.
Anytime Fun Includes:
- Slide Down a Water Slide
- Dig in the Sand
- Take a Break from the Hear at Chaparral Ice
- Find Art in Public Places
- Watch the Bats Emerge at Dusk
- Play a New Board Game
- Rock Climb
- Listen to Live Music
- Star Gaze
- Jump on a Trampoline at Springfree Trampoline
- Take a Hike or Ride a Bike
- Drink a Milkshake
- Explore Science at the Hill Country Science Mill
- Go Rollerskating or Skateboarding
- Ride a Train
- Go Bowling
- Play Indoors at Catch Air
- Visit a Farmer’s Market
- Dive Into a Swimming Pool
- Romp in a Splash Pad
- Catch a Flick
- Take a Picture in Front of a Mural
- Kayak/Canoe/Paddle on your Favorite Waterway
- Go Caving
- Play Putt-Putt Golf
- Sip a Smoothie
- Play at a Park
- Visit an Austin Museum
Or you can go to a few awesome Austin events this summer including:
- Second Saturdays Are for Families at The Contemporary Austin
- Mr. Will at Whole Foods Market, Bee Cave
- Unplugged at the Grove
- Children’s Day Art Park
- Blues on the Green
- Shrek the Musical at Zilker Hillside Theater
- Live Music Sundays at Whole Foods Market, Domain
- Summer Free Family Film Series at the Bullock Museum
- Summer Fun Launch party at Whole Foods Market, Lamar
- Pollyanna Theatre’s Cowboy in the Kitchen
- Taste North Austin at The Domain
- Family Eldercare’s Summer Fan Drive
- Juneteenth Celebration
- Pollyanna Theatre’s Trouble on the Double
- 4th of July Fireworks
- Back to School Bash at Creative Action
- Austin Summer Musical’s Big Bad Musical
How about a day trip to explore other places that are still close to home?
- Johnson City
- San Marcos
- New Braunfels
- Cedar Creek
- Texas State Parks Close to Austin